Thursday 15 November 2012

SPACE INVADERS

They line up above me, row upon row of aliens, moving slowly from one side to the other, looking rather menacing, gradually getting further down and closer to me.  No problem.  I have a gunship and there are battlements to dive behind to avoid the laser fire.  Don’t worry Player 2, I’ll handle everything, it’ll all be OK.  Woo hooo!  Shooting them is fantastic, these aliens are dying.  I’ve even destroyed one of their faster moving flying saucers – 500 bonus points for me!  Slight problem, as there become less of them, they move faster and this last one is pretty pesky – ah, got it!  Game over.

Wha-aa-aat?!  Another set of aliens, exactly the same?  No way!  Oh my God, they are moving faster.  Where are you Player 2?  You want to sit this one out as well?  OK, I’ll give it my best.  I’ve got plenty of energy and ammunition ... yeah, it’s not too bad, I’m destroying them.  Didn’t get the bonus points this time though, saucer was too fast and I was kind of busy.  The aliens got a bit closer too, especially that last one at the end who went mentally fast, but hey, I did it!  Phew!  Problem solved.

NOOOO!!!  Another bunch of those fucking aliens!  Where the hell are you Player 2?  You’re seriously leaving me alone to deal with this?  I don’t have much ammunition and my enthusiasm is waning, this is so monotonous, once more the same problem, same aliens, same solution – bang, bang, bang!  Oh they’re getting nearer faster and don’t even mention the flying saucer, there’s no way I’ll even get a shot at it.  I’m so tired!  Nearly there.  If I can just get that last one, but he’s right on top me.  Wow!  That was close, I only just made it, the battlements are crumbling too, there’s little cover.  Still, I’ve done it right?  Are we OK now?

Oh shit!  Aliens!  Thousands of them! Same thing a-fuckin-gain!  I’m exhausted, I can’t do it, not on my own.  Player 2 has gone God knows where and I’m left, cowering behind what’s left of the battlements, dodging the laser fire raining down on me.  I can’t do this anymore.  They’re moving so fast, even if I had any ammunition or energy left to shoot my guns, I’d miss, I’ve no confidence.  They keep coming back.  I give up.  I’m going to sit here and let them come down and destroy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment