Thursday 1 November 2012

PHONE CALL

Where are you going then?  ... Ah that's nice, I heard it's lovely there, you'll enjoy it ... Who me?  No, I don't know where I'm going ...No, I didn't bring a map, or a compass ...You can really do that can you?  That's cool!  Navigate using the sun, moon and the stars?  How cosmic!  I don't look up at the sky very much, I guess I'll have to get round to it someday.

What direction do I take?  Oh, well I just run - to one new thing, then from it to the next bright object I desire .... Well, I know, but I guess I get too bored to actually want to stay anywhere ... So what next for me?  Like I say, I don't know.  Not now that I've been everywhere, done everything ... Well, the stuff I haven't done and the places I haven't been, they're just expensive imitations of everything else I've experienced.

Where you're going, that's different, that's nice - and the person you're going with has time for you, you're so lucky ...No, it's the one place I've not been ... No, I can't go.  Only special people get to go there.  Folk who can settle down, who can afford it, characters like your good self ... No, I'm not special, like you ... Yes, you're right, I'd better make my mind up where I'm going soon.  The weather forecast said storms are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment