Monday 12 August 2013

CINDERELLA



Christ!  I’m bored out of my fucking skull!  Endless, endless parties, wearing stupid, stupid shoes!  Curse my fairy godmother for getting me into this mess.  The men on about their portfolios and the women talking about babies.  Property blah, money blah, nappies ugh, shut up already!

There’s not much choice when you’re a Disney Princess.  You start life sweeping a floor singing your heart out full of heady anticipation; then you become the wife of somebody you meet once at a ball because you’re so grateful he even danced with you in the first place.

Don’t get me started on Prince Charming – Mr Party Party - he’s a fucking drunk.  Currently he’s passed out in the royal latrine, a urine stain on his trousers.  Charming, he ain’t, unless you count throwing up on the buffet as a social grace.  It certainly delivered us from yet more brown, non nutritious, deep fried food.  I was a bit sorry to see the spring rolls disappear under a sea of puke though.

God, I was happier being a skivvy to my ugly sisters.  Aren’t they the lucky ones?  No-one’s going to marry them into a life of vacuous pointlessness.  Maybe, just maybe, if I speak nicely to my wicked stepmother, she’ll take me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment