Tuesday 21 May 2013

DADDY'S NEW FRIEND


“So, how was your weekend with Daddy and his new friend, darling?   ... Yes, she is pretty ... You sat on her knee?  ...  Daddy told her he loved her!  What did she say to that?  ... Commitment?  It means staying with someone ...”

So, there’s another woman in James’ life and he’s serious about her.  I saw her when he dropped Jodie off.  Lovely designer clothes she wears, apparently she doesn’t have kids.   She mentioned commitment, I wonder why.   I’ll show her commitment.

“Play a fun game with Daddy’s friend this weekend, darling.  Call her Mummy and give her lots of cuddles, even when your hands are dirty ... Yes!  Clever girl!  Definitely, when you’ve finished eating chocolate pudding with your fingers.  You know Mummy’s shown you how to throw food, but remember you’re only allowed to do that when you’re with Daddy.”

Can’t wait till Sunday J

“Oh, what’s the matter, sweetheart?  You got ice cream on Daddy’s friend’s white jeans? ... And then she shouted that she wasn’t your Mummy?  ... Oh dear!  What did Daddy do? He told her to shut up, did he?  ... Then she played computer games on her Ipad and ignored you and Daddy on the car journey here? ... I don’t think I like Daddy’s friend ...”

I could barely suppress a smile.  The atmosphere between James and That Woman was somewhat strained and she did look stupid with a great big chocolate stain on her Armani’s.  There’s no time to get changed when you’re on the road with a toddler.

You know I told you, Jodie, never to play with Mummy’s laptop or Ipad?  Well, it’s OK to play with Daddy’s friend’s Ipad.  Just take it when she’s not using it and when you’ve finished playing with it, remember to throw it on the floor like you do with all the toys Daddy gives you.”

You see, I can’t have James gallivanting round the country with another woman when I haven’t got a man.   It’s not like I want him back; he’s a pain in the arse, but he mustn’t be happy.  As for Miss White Armani Jeans, she doesn’t have what it takes.  James turned up just with Jodie this Sunday, looking awful, eyes all red rimmed like he’s been crying.   I do wonder though, who would have the strength to endure these games Jodie and I like to play.  We make a formidable team and here, at home with me, she’s good as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment